Monday, July 30, 2007

Nora's dad

My baby girl turned 3 yesterday. I feel bad that we weren't there to see her; she's staying with grampsa Mark, who is keeping her while we are here trying to pack up for the move.

I would have figured that by now, I'd be a better father than I am...at least more knowledgeable. But by the time I have one thing figured out with her, she's onto something else...always a step ahead...just enough to keep me uncomfortable, and trying to learn different ways to relate, guide, love, and discipline her.

I think she's turned out all right so far. A little more daredevil in her than I am comfortable with, though. She listens most of the time, and is very sweet and sympathetic. She's not very cuddly...5 seconds on my lap is too much, but if I see her first in the morning, then she is. She's thrilled when I come home from work, but only for a few seconds :)

I might not see her today, either, because we have a lot of moving to do. We're closing on the house this morning, and then the race is on to get everything out, and the place cleaned up by 10:30 tomorrow...or else! Or else, what???

Oh well.

Wish us luck! So little to do and so much time!

Wait a minute, strike that, reverse it.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM , Blogger Heather Marschinke said...

congrats on your house!! I am so excited for your family! Casey, you are a wonderful father. You can tell how much you love your daughter by the look in your eyes, the same look you give Ramona. Continue to be the Godly man that you are and things will be amazing! Look how much your Father has blesses you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home